As a faith-based organization that believes in the principles and truth of the Bible, we believe that this impact area of our holistic approach to community development has the power to change lives. The various aspects that are built into this impact area are designed to equip, mobilize, and inspire leaders, pastors, and churches to follow the example of Jesus in working alongside the poor and oppressed. Below are some of the ways that we do this.
The various aspects that are built into this impact area are designed to equip, mobilize, and inspire leaders, pastors, and churches to follow the example of Jesus in working alongside the poor and oppressed. Below are some of the ways that we do this.
EPIC Leadership and Discipleship Program
We have been running the EPIC (Equipping People In Christ) program for many years now, and have seen a vibrant group of leaders sent out into their various spheres of passion. This unique course has various components over the duration of one year:
- Intensive: Students begin their EPIC journey with the first month intensive. Through classes, small groups, and discipleship, they daily cover topics such as grace, identity in Christ, Biblical worldview, leadership development, activating purpose, relationships, and the Father-heart of God.
- Reconnect Follow-Up: After the intensive, students return to HAC one day a week for four weeks to follow up with staff and their peers. Together they discuss the challenges they are facing and ways to implement their new-found purpose and passion.
- Equip Seminars: These young leaders take part in four additional long weekend seminars throughout the year. These seminars build on the material that was covered in the intensive and explore new ways that the EPIC students can leverage their talents and passions.
- Discipleship: Throughout the course of the year, students continue to engage with staff who mentor and coach them through various aspects of the development they are seeking in their own lives.
Hope Africa University
We are pursuing partnerships with accredited universities in the U.S., which will provide a unique and invaluable resource for Hope Africa Collective and our partners. Through this university partnership, we will offer several options for learners to engage with.
- 1-Year Certificate Program: This one-year certificate course allows pastors or leaders to come to our campus to receive training at various intervals throughout the year, equipping them for their churches and spurring them on in their own personal growth.
- 2-Year Diploma Program: This two-year diploma course builds on the one-year option, and gives more in-depth and broad spectrum training in church ministry, Biblical leadership, and personal development.
- 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree Program: Students that enroll in and are accepted into this course will receive a full Bachelor’s degree from our partner university. They can then go on to use this degree in furthering the work that God has for them.
We empower and equip the local church and church leadership, with the goal of seeing the Church become the primary source of development in the communities in which we work.
We provide various regular seminars and meetings for pastors and leaders of churches to be equipped in leadership development, discipleship, and Biblical training.
Through our partnership with dozens of churches in South African townships, we are seeing new levels of community transformation take place!
$30 a month (or $360 one-time) sponsors a student through the entire year-long EPIC leadership development course.
All meals, housing, and materials
while in the dorms
Training materials and activities
Ongoing mentorship, teaching,
and events during the year